Discovery, Mechanisms and Therapeutic Targeting of the PI 3-Kinase and AKT Signaling
Speaker: Professor Alex Toker - Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
- The discovery of PI 3K and AKT, and the major enzymes that participate in signal relay will be
- The contribution of PI3K/AKT in cancer phenotypes as well as genetic aberrations in the
pathways will be highlighted.
- Genetic models that have been generated as pre-clinical tools will be illustrated.
- Finally, development of drugs that inhibit PI3K and other enzymes in the pathway will be
covered, and the failures and recent successes in the clinic for both PI3K, AKT and mTOR
- The lecture will end with an illustration of new drugs in the pharmacology arena, PROTACs
or degrader compounds and how specificity can be achieved.
Join our mailing list
Join our mailing list in order to receive the CTI newsletter and to be invited to our seminars